Do you like listening to old songs?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alexandoy, Oct 25, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

Perhaps age is already catching up on me because I feel like listening more to old music than new ones. I criticize the rap because for me it's not music at all. But rap is very popular now. Although I still like songs of Lady Gaga and some of her contemporaries, I still prefer the songs of Diana Ross, Gladys Knight, and many in the genre of the 1970s era. And how about the immortal songs of the Beatles? And Elvis Presley, of course. Now the songs of Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5 are incorporated in the label called old songs.

2. tonyb

tonyb Member

It seems to me those old music are more meaningful than most of what we have these days. I listen to old music very well. In fact I get a better feeling when I go back to those old songs. I am still very well enjoying Don Williams, every piece of his music great. Talk of reggae, Bob Marley whose music still remain the biggest in that industry. I still enjoy the great music beats by Tupac. Others include music by Celine Dion, Diana Ross, McAnthony.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  3. kamai

kamai Member

I love to listen to old songs, I prefer them much more than todays music any day. I go towards the 80s and 90s music, 80s because they are amazing and 90s because they remind me of my childhood. I wish the radio played more of the older music so can listen to them like the good old days, not using any ipods that is.

4. I definitely love old music and I listen to them most of the time. When I was a kid, I remember listening to the good old music from the 60's to 80's every Sunday on our radio as they were playing old music during Sundays. I don't know why they don't do that now. I really miss those days to be honest.

I don't know what happened to the music industry nowadays. I can't seem to find good music and most are all mainstream.

5. TheKnight

TheKnight Member

I listen to old songs a lot more than I listen to newer songs. My preferred songs are from the 60's to the early 90's. They always have rhythm you just can't match these days. There are some good music these days but not like the past.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  6. tonyb

tonyb Member

Old songs are like old wine to me going by the trend of music we have these days. The songs then had powerful meanings that even the old and young enjoyed them.
    Despite their beautiful works the irony of the show nowadays is that it looks those musicians of old didn't make as much as the current ones.

7. biege

biege New Member

Honestly, I love the old songs more than the songs composed today. I believe that the Songs made before have more hearts and are very romantic and timeless. But songs today seems to have an expiration.

8. tonyb

tonyb Member

Old songs are far more meaningful to many of the music of nowadays. Words thoughtful were lavishly used in many of the old songs unlike now.

9. belovedad

belovedad New Member

It depends on your definition of old. I wouldn't go as far back as you but I do prefer to listen to old school songs from say the 90s to early 2000s. There are a handful I'll listen to that are older than that due to my father's influence.

10. Decentlady

Decentlady Member

I love to listen to old numbers. I feel they never really fade and have more deeper meaning. I have been a fan on yesteryear music since I was a child so I don't really think age is a factor.

11. JimGoodman

JimGoodman New Member

Musiс nеvеr diеs, sо thеrе is nоthing оld оr nеw in musiс

12. kokimboka

kokimboka New Member

I agree with you on this issue 100%. Old is gold as they say it, I guess it's true. I find myself listening and enjoying the old days music. Seriously the old music make more sense to me than nowadays music which is just noise to me. The content of the music which is what captures my attention than the beats is totally lost in today's music.

Alexandoy likes this.
  13. serbog

serbog New Member

Yeah, I mostly listen to older songs. They have this feeling in them that makes them great. Newer songs don't always have that. And all the bands that I like from the 70's, 80's, 90's and are still singing, don't have that feeling too. I'm not saying that newer songs aren't great, there are many new bands that I like and listen to everyday, but older songs have more passion in them.

14. Decentlady

Decentlady Member

This is absolutely true. The old songs had more clearer lyrics and music was essentially an augmenter unlike today's song which is full of loud music and lyrics are lost in that.

15. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit New Member

Yes, I love listening to old songs (especially if it's Rock, Jazz, Blues or R&B). ;)

The old songs have an incredible atmosphere. The quality - in general - is much higher than the current songs (which are even cool, but can't be compared to the old ones). Old songs were concerned with quality, current songs are only concerned with financial figures.

The music scene needs to rescue what is good, and what is good is what - unfortunately - stayed in the past.

16. naruto100

naruto100 New Member

Personally I like hearing songs when I workout in the early morning. But I only used to hear new songs at that time. That doesn't mean that I don't like old songs. I like old songs too when I hear them on some party and somewhere else. But I am yet to add them in my collection. So yes I like the old songs, but I listen them rarely.

17. anupamas2

anupamas2 New Member

I love listening to old songs. They are so soothing for the ear, melodic and have meaningful wordings. Now a days the songs that comes (at least in our country), they are so loud and have no meaning. Old songs are better.