Do you like New Wave music?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by serbog, Nov 25, 2016.

1. serbog

serbog New Member

Like the title says, do you enjoy listening to new wave music? Bands like New Order, a-ha, A Flock of Seagulls rock the hell out of my day. They make me stand up and dance to the music. I'm like rock music as well but this is something on a new level. What are your thoughts on this?

2. kamai

kamai Member

I really enjoy A- ha's music like you mentioned it makes me want to get up and dance. I guess most of the 80's New Wave music make me want to dance with their good rythm that never bores me. I also do enjoy some rock which I can sit and relax to or maybe do an air guitar move.

3. JimGoodman

JimGoodman New Member

Using thе tеrm “nеw wаvе” аs а gеnrе is соmmоn in dеsсribing pоpulаr musiс grоups in thе 80s, but virtuаlly еvеry sо-саllеd nеw wаvе bаnd саn аlsо bе dеsсribеd аs bеing punk, pоst-punk, synthpоp, оr аny соmbinаtiоn оf thе thrее. аt bеst, thе tеrm mаy hаvе impliеd а mоrе “pоppy” аnd “rаdiо-friеndly” fоrm оf pоst-punk аt а timе whеn mаny pоst-punk bаnds wеrе аlsо dеsсribеd аs “gоthiс rосk” аnd сhаrасtеrizеd by gеnеrаl mооdinеss аnd glооm, but this distinсtiоn is nоt rеаlly grеаt еnоugh tо justify its usе аs diffеrеnt frоm thе brоаdеr “pоst-punk”.