Do you like opera?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by kamai, Nov 13, 2016.

1. kamai

kamai Member

I love opera and I find it so facsinating that the singers can reach very difficult high notes. I find that I can relax listening to it while laying down and even be soothing enough to fall asleep to. I would like to attend an opera concert someday. I have even tried to sing opera myself but the high notes need a lot of practice.

2. TheKnight

TheKnight Member

I enjoy opera very much and especially since one of my favorite games ''Super Smash Bros. Brawl'' has an opera opening. I want to be an opera singer one day. I think I have the voice for it too.

Decentlady likes this.
  3. Decentlady

Decentlady Member

I agree with you on the pleasantness of opera. However, personally I could never sing the higher notes without going to second voice which actually doesn't sync with my first voice.

So I am contended by listening to them only.

4. tonyb

tonyb Member

I have listening to operas I like the dramatic combination between the artists, harmony and the sense with which they carry themselves. I am excellent at solos.

kamai likes this.
  5. kamai

kamai Member

That is nice. How long ago did you start with the solos? I was in choir in high school and we would sometimes sing songs that involved some opera singing which were mt favorite parts, like you mentioned because of the dramatic effect.

Do you sing frequently?

6. to7update

to7update Member

It really depends on the kind of Opera we are talking about and the respective interpreters. There are some arias that make me feel in heaven when sang by the people I love, but when sang by others is hardly the same thing. I see is as a sang theater so the story has to be compelling, but if all these elements combine together is certainly a memorable experience.

kamai likes this.
  7. naruto100

naruto100 New Member

Honestly saying I found it boring. I know I shouldn't say that but that's only my personal opinion. I know many people here who love such kind of music. About the music, you are true about difficulty of the music. Singing on such high note is not that easy, it requires lots of practice and good and heavy voice. I don't think everyone who is singing can do it that easily.

Decentlady likes this.
  8. Decentlady

Decentlady Member

I think I know what you mean. The higher notes goes so stereo especially if it is feminine voice that some people find it unpleasant like a noise bursting their ears.

However, most male singers on the highest of notes still retain their base and that makes it more pleasant to listen to.

9. naruto100

naruto100 New Member

I haven't heard opera music from male more. Actually I have seen it on TV only, and whenever I have seen it I mostly seen female singer only. So can't say more about it. But yes it feels the same as you mentioned.

10. DR KOKIL AGARWAL

DR KOKIL AGARWAL New Member

I have been to opera only once. It was a female performer. I enjoyed it at first but soon it ended up as boring.

The loud notes seemed to pierce badly in my ears ending up in headache. I do not intend to insult anyone but this is what I felt.

I'm only sharing my personal experience and going to an opera again is a question for big concern for me.

11. Jason

Jason Member

Home Page:
    Maybe it's less interesting because it's in a foreign language. o_O Has anyone heard opera in their own language?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  12. naruto100

naruto100 New Member

Is it available in more languages? Lol, I don't think so, not sure. At least it is not available here in our local language for sure. I think it is country specific so should not be available to all countries. Still not sure.