Have you ever played bass?

Discussion in 'Bass' started by Decentlady, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Decentlady

Decentlady Member

I have, though am not a professional but every year we have a festival that plays half of the musical instruments and I have been fortunate enough to work along with the team and so pick up tit and bits of all the instruments.

Have you had the opportunity to play too?

2. Jason

Jason Member

Home Page:
    I played an upright bluegrass bass at one time. I can also work with a rock bass to some extent. Note, the bass has the same notes as the four lower strings of a guitar. Therefore, a guitar player can easily transition over.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit New Member

I'm not an expert bass player, but I've tried it a few times and I've even been a bit surprised by the result because I learned some things pretty fast. But in overall, I don't think it's that so easy to play it. However, with the necessary dedication and attention, it shouldn't take so long.

From what I've learned until today, I found it very interesting. ;)

4. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

When I was in grade school, there was a musical band that did their practice beside the house of my grandma. During breaks, I would tinker with the big bass thinking it was a big guitar. The player taught me some basics and I was able to play by remembering the chords. When I started creating minus one in digital format, the bass didn't give me a hard time since the patterns are easy.

5. naruto100

naruto100 New Member

Well, just like you even I am not expert, but I have tried it few times. I have interest in different kind of music instruments but honestly I am yet to perfect any of it. So sam goes for this one too, I tried it few times but all goes on just basic level. In fact I wasn't able to play it correctly at all. Though one of my friend can play it quite good and I love to listen it. I got inspired by it but I ended up by listening him only.Lol.