Is the bass simple to play?

Ironically, contrary to popular opinion, the bass isn't for guys who aren't smart enough to handle the guitar. However, it is true some tunes are easier to play than others. Nonetheless, the hard tunes, like you would hear from the Red Hot Chili Peppers or the rock band Rush, can be as much of a challenge as some guitar solo by Jimmy Page.

Nothing is easy in the beginning. As you train and practice things start coming up naturally and becomes easier.

Likewise, while for others it may come very easily some may actually think it is tough.

I tried to learn the bass guitar when I started making minus 1 music for my compositions in the hope of creating a good demo version. But it was so difficult that I had to ask a bassist how. And when he taught me the trick, it became easy to create the basic bass tunes in the accompaniment to the other guitar tunes. Well, the rhythm is the guide and I'd say that the bass is far easier than the lead guitar. But don't make me play the bass guitar in actual music because I am not good at playing. I can only create bass music in the midi software.

efrain

Ironically, contrary to popular opinion, the bass isn't for guys who aren't smart enough to handle the guitar. However, it is true some tunes are easier to play than others. Nonetheless, the hard tunes, like you would hear from the Red Hot Chili Peppers or the rock band Rush, can be as much of a challenge as some guitar solo by Jimmy Page.
The bass is very simple to play. I have heard this from many a person who has played it at my church. They say that it gets more fun as you go further and further as well, adding to the blessing of playing it.

efrain

Church bass, as a matter of fact, is both a new instrument and musical genres of its own. Does anyone know of what I refer to here? It is a new movement out there today. It is taking contemporary worship by storm. Worship bass music is very pleasant to both play and listen to. It is unmatched, unequalled to and unrivaled with any other of its kind. It truly stands in a world all of its own.

Just out of curiosity, I've tried to play it a few times (one day I still want to at least try all the instruments that exist around the world :p)... And I didn't find it that simple. Requires some attention that I didn't realize (I didn't really think it was kinda "difficult" to learn).

If I had taken my studies seriously, today I had known how to handle it.

It's true the bass can be simple to play, but so can most other instruments. They all have simple beats and whatnot. Note, actually saying some instruments are simple - in general - is false.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, I've tried to play it a few times (one day I still want to at least try all the instruments that exist around the world :p)... And I didn't find it that simple. Requires some attention that I didn't realize (I didn't really think it was kinda "difficult" to learn).

If I had taken my studies seriously, today I had known how to handle it.
Lol That just really shows that every instrument is user dependent. Yes, I have always found guitar hard to learn but then I never had a proper teacher either. May be that could have been the reason.

Lol That just really shows that every instrument is user dependent. Yes, I have always found guitar hard to learn but then I never had a proper teacher either. May be that could have been the reason.
At the end of it all, the reasons may be totally relative and individual (which may work for me, may not work for you ... it's funny to think that way, but it's the real true).

But I believe when you receive instructions from those who already knows how to play the instrument, everything becomes much easier... And it usually ends up getting so much easier than you ever thought it could be.