Organization of Topics?

Discussion in 'The Office' started by Elly, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Elly

Elly New Member

Hi! I just joined these forums, and the website look and layout is very pretty...but I wonder if I can suggest some organization with the topics?

Right now it looks like:

I want to suggest something more like:

What do you think?

2. Joel7050

Joel7050 New Member

I think this is a great idea, and an introduction room will work great for stimulating activity and showing how many members we have! Right now some sections are just an admin posting some links. I feel the admin(s) should also contribute to discussions and elaborate a little on the links, even a short description would spruce it up a little such as "A very detailed tutorial on Violin tuning". Maybe an friendly announcement section with posts by staff such as "feel free to ask music related questions in the relevant sections!" Or "Do start interesting discussions and threads!"

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Member

I agree. This website has a great potential and has a clean interface. However, I think there aren't a lot of categories to choose from and the categories are exceptionally broad so I recommend to put sub-categories if possible. That way, the writers will find it easier to look up to which sort topic they are interested in. Just my opinion though :)

Working Buck likes this.
  4. Working Buck

Working Buck New Member

Hi! I'm a new member and I would just like to suggest if you can put a Guitar category and other instruments like Drums. I enjoy forum websites that talks about music and I'm excited to post forums and comments on this website however, there aren't a lot of sections to choose from so I hope you can add more categories so we can add more topics to talk about :)

5. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

New guitar and drumming categories have been set up.

pwarbi likes this.
  6. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin Cottontail Member

Wow! Thank you so much! We've been waiting for those categories. I hope to see more categories anytime soon. For now we'll work on the categories available and will make on more topics to make it more interesting and lively. Cheers!

7. tonyb

tonyb Member

Thanks for adding these categories. I love playing the guitar even though I am not very skillful at them. I am ready to learn more about guitar and the art of drumming.

8. biege

biege New Member

Hi, I'm also new here. I guess you really like the color of the forum, I like the layout and everything but I guess some people would think that it kinda look a bit girly--don't mind me, it's just maybe how I see the color as it is. Anyway, I hope you could add a topic for traditional/exotic musical instruments as well, you know, it's cool to see unusual stuff in a forum, it won't look repetitive just like the other forums out there. Thank you.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi New Member

This is obviously a forum that is in it's infancy at the moment, so there are going to be a few things regarding the layout and structure of the site that could be changed or altered. The admin is obviously listening to peoples ideas and taking things on board as they see fit but the main thing is members and posters for now.

There's no point in having the most beautiful, well organised forum in the world, if there's nobody actually posting on it, so while the suggestions made are important, I think that the design and layout can be changed as the forum goes along to some extent.

10. kamai

kamai Member

Hi I am also new here. I already did post a few already and have been enjoying so far. I guess as the community grows so will the changes so far it looks great in my critiria. The suggestions were great and if I come up with some I will write them here

11. to7update

to7update Member

Actually I like the look, colors and vibe coming from the forum. The color combination looks very good (I love how the yellow pops out to me). As for having no headers and not a formal structure, to be honest, it's a music forum, so let it be free! :D

12. kokimboka

kokimboka New Member

I am also a newbie but by the look of things and the comment, this forum is expanding at a very fast rate. Admin thanks for being keen and taking the advice people are making into consideration. I love music and am so excited about this forum. I know am going to learn a lot.

to7update likes this.
  13. to7update

to7update Member

Pretty great that the forum has a lot of people, it's rather sad when a forum doesn't have members and it's like dead. As for the forum structure I think it's pretty great, simple and with generic categories that makes everyone post where they feel most comfortable or have interest in.