What is your opinion on rap?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alexandoy, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

Rap is very popular and I have read that some rappers earn much money because their pieces have become blockbusters. I have commented in one thread that for me, rap is not really music at all. I consider rap as trashy or not a serious song simply because I cannot understand the story that the rapper is telling. The rap has a fast tempo and rhythm that only the rapper can understand. Maybe if the rap is not that fast then I can appreciate it.

2. Yes it is indeed popular. Well I'm not really a fan of Hip Hop or Rap music but I have to admit that there are some Hip Hop songs that I like, and I don't find all of them crappy at all (although there are some). Anyway, there is a popular thing in our country called Flip Top which is a Rap battle and my hubby was a huge fan of it although I don't really like it since what they do most is to bash and discriminate their opponents which I think ain't pleasing to my eardrums.

3. biege

biege New Member

Rap in our country has been considered to be the modern Balagtasan (Versed form of debate) and I love those rap that were made by one of our OPM RAP King named Francis M., Rap alone without music is considered to be just a form of singing but if you add tune/instrumental sounds to rap it becomes music. Honestly, I'm not into this genre of singing most specially those fast tongue twisting rhyming raps because I cannot follow the lyrics the singers are saying but I still appreciate the melody they make when they add rap to music.

4. Jason

Jason Member

Rap is definitely an art form. Love it or hate it; you have to have some skill. I can't say I dislike ALL rap. There are good and bad kinds. However, the lyrics are often disgusting.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  5. kamai

kamai Member

I am not a huge fan of rap since most of todays rap songs are about innapropriate subjects. Some songs from before do actually have a good meaning to them and can be quite inspiring. I didn't like them until a friend introduced me to older rap songs, just a couple though.

6. Jason

Jason Member

I like Naughty by Nature and Snoop Dogg. However, it's the beat and sound of the words, not their meaning, which draw me in. Nonetheless, honestly, looking at other forums of popular music, we can see the background of the lyrics is often dirty, at least in a subliminal way.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  7. TheKnight

TheKnight Member

I like rappers such as Tupac, Eminem and Biggie. As for recent music of the 2000's, I like fast rap songs like ''Rap God'' and ''60 second assassin'' because they are truly impressive.

8. Decentlady

Decentlady Member

I like rap and I would actively look for lyrics online and try t memorize it. I love its tempo, it gives me zest. I am a person who likes things done quickly/speed in general (impatient)may be that's the reason why I can so relate to rap.

9. tonyb

tonyb Member

I agree with you rap doesn't look like a serious music. I am not a fan of this kind of music as I hardly understand the message the rapper is trying to pass across. In my own view this is probably the easiest form of music. Just get a good instrumental combination and begin to talk or murmur words with little or no care if understod

10. serbog

serbog New Member

Rap is very popular these days, almost every third person I meet listens to rap. I don't really like rap, there are 2-3 songs that are reasonably good, but that doesn't mean I hate rap. The lyrics are sometimes very good, the best I have heard. But modern rap is just rubbish, the lyrics don't make any sense, the beat is always the same or similar and all they care about is making money.

11. Jester85

Jester85 New Member

Not my brand of Vodka. I don't think most rappers have actual musical talent, and I think there's a lot of "gangsta" glorification in their content.

12. JimGoodman

JimGoodman New Member

Rаp musiс is а bеаutiful mаrriаgе оf litеrаturе аnd musiс, аnd is simplе sinсе аlmоst еvеryоnе саn dо rаp, if yоu just dаrе. It dоеs nоt rеquirе а prоfоund knоwlеdgе in mеlоdy аnd musiс аrrаngеmеnt.
    If yоu just gоt thе rhymе, thеn yоu саn sеrvе thе limе.
    RаP is асtuаlly, Rhythm аnd Pоеtry, whiсh wаs givеn birth by аfriсаn trаvеlеrs whо givе stоriеs tо thоsе whо listеn tо thеm аlоng thе wаy. аnd with thеir musiсаl instrumеnts thеy tеll thеir tаlеs. Thаt is why Rаp wаs аlsо саllеd thе Blасk Musiс.

13. ptahm22

ptahm22 New Member

In every music genre there's the good part and the bad part, it's too unfortunate that Hip hop has too many bad parts. However, they aren't that many, it's just that people mainly focus on it's negative side and forget that it has some positive impacts. I'm a big fan of Rap music especially when it's fused with other genres like, Gospel, Pop, RnB among others.