What songs make you cry?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alexandoy, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

I'm sure most of us have that emotional attachment to a particular song. When I hear the music that were popular when I was in grade school, I couldn't help but cry sometimes because those songs remind me of my youth, the mistakes I had committed during that time and the lost opportunities. I couldn't sleep if those old songs would be played so I do not listen to the radio at night for it makes me melancholy.

2. There are surely are songs that can make me sad or cry not because I'm emotionally attached to it or I could remember something about it but perhaps because of it's melody and the lyrics. What matters most and If are two songs that makes me really sad, as well as Goodbye Girl. Probably there are still more but I just can't come up with their title.

3. biege

biege New Member

Well, I think those songs that would remind me of my exes? lol! There are a lot of songs out there but there's one that definitely made my heart bleed every time I hear it being played, the song is titled Anak by Freddie Aguilar. This song has been translated 27 times already into different languages. You should try listening to this song, I'm sure you'll gonna love it as well as the lyrics.

4. kamai

kamai Member

I do have a couple of songs that make me emotional. Some because they have a sad meaning or melody and others because of personal reasons. Most of the songs that make me sad are from the 80s or 90s which remind me of my childhood.

5. tonyb

tonyb Member

Yes there are songs that have actually touched me and made me emotional to crying. Especially in the Church I find that some songs just get me so touched that I am led away.

6. serbog

serbog New Member

The one song that makes me sad is The Big Sleep - Streetlight Manifesto. It's a ska song with a fast rhythm but the text is just too damn depressing. I recommend all of you to hear it out.

7. Decentlady

Decentlady Member

Many songs make me cry like Hero and I Will Always Love You are examples.

There are others in few other languages that I know also very sentimental that I need to think twice before playing them with company.

8. ptahm22

ptahm22 New Member

Songs about success stories make me cry. These are the songs that show the life of a guy who people didn't think would make it then he or she overcomes the odds. I have lost hope in some parts of my life and these songs remind me that I should have kept going.