What songs make you get up and dance?

What songs always make you want to get up and dance to it? Michael Jackson songs always- trigger some sort of emotion in me that just makes me want to stand up and attempt a moon walk. Other songs such as ''I want to rock'' by Twisted Sister gives me the urge to fake a guitar solo.

Last edited:
Any song that has toe ticking beats makes me want to dance. There are songs in foreign languages that I may hear for the first time and still get on the floor. It's all about what you like. I love fast numbers for dancing purposes.

Songs by Tupac are among the many music that when I listen I want to get up and dance. I like those powerful beats and use of lyrics, the videos are great, such that when I listen I always feel like dancing along.

Аt thе mоmеnt, hеrе is thе fоllоwing sоngs thаt I’m dаnсing tо:
Whiskеy Bоttlе - Unсlе Tupеlо
О сhildrеn - Niсk саvе & Thе Bаd Sееds
Сurl оf thе Burl - Mаstоdоn
Burdеn - оpеth
Blосkbustеr Night Pаrt 1 - Run Thе Jеwеls
аruаriаn Dаnсе - Nujаbеs
Hаppinеss Is Smilе - Dillingеr еsсаpе Plаn
Hоld Mе Nоw - Thоmpsоn Twins

biege

I don't dance but maybe if I do I would try dancing with the Songs: More Today Than Yesterday, Build me up Buttercup, and other oldies dance Songs.

I don't dance but maybe if I do I would try dancing with the Songs: More Today Than Yesterday, Build me up Buttercup, and other oldies dance Songs.
I don't dance either but there are songs that make you want to get up and attempt a dance even though you're bad at it. I mean, who hasn't attempted a moon walk?

Songs by Tupac are among the many music that when I listen I want to get up and dance. I like those powerful beats and use of lyrics, the videos are great, such that when I listen I always feel like dancing along.
Tupac is great too and they always alter the way I walk. I start to walk like a ''gangster'' whenever I hear one of his songs on.

biege

I don't dance either but there are songs that make you want to get up and attempt a dance even though you're bad at it. I mean, who hasn't attempted a moon walk?
/QUOTE]

Moonwalk? What's that? Just kidding. Of course I do know that, but what I practice more would be the anti-gravity lean which also, I'm sure you know. :D How I missed the old days. Now, I can only dance when I'm drunk. lol!

I am not a dancer either, unless I had something to drink. :) Back in the days I loved to mosh and charge with punk music or simply wander around with grunge or gothic sounds, but these days everything is mostly commercial and after a couple a drinks I start allowing the rhythm inside my body. :)

I an not good at dancing but as you mentioned those Muchael Jackson songs have great rhythms that make me want to get up and try his dance moves. I will also dance to music with a good beat but when I am alone that is, I don't really like dancing in public.

Almost every song from the band New Order - especially Temptation. And many other new wave songs that have a catchy tune like I Ran and so on. New Wave isn't my favorite genre of music but I like it very much because it lightens up the mood and makes you dance all over the place.

biege

I am not a dancer either, unless I had something to drink. :) Back in the days I loved to mosh and charge with punk music or simply wander around with grunge or gothic sounds, but these days everything is mostly commercial and after a couple a drinks I start allowing the rhythm inside my body. :)
See what happens to people once they've gotten infected by mainstream media fever. That's so very much like me. :p

New Order is a relatively old band right? Some of those bands are the best really. I still love listening to Nirvana or the Pixies for example, some of the cult bands of when I was younger. But there are a bunch more like Velvet Underground, Violent Femmes, Sonic Youth... There aren't many good pure bands now as it used to be.

@biege, from a certain point on, any music is good. :)

@Blege The anti-gravity lean? Don't you require special shoes and a special set-up to do that? I think it's physically impossible to do it by yourself without any of that.

I seem to have missed that anti-gravity debate lol and one our of two things might be happening there, or you have some really special shoes or you need to have those wires that hold us in the air and make the audience believe we are super-man flying. :)

I seem to have missed that anti-gravity debate lol and one our of two things might be happening there, or you have some really special shoes or you need to have those wires that hold us in the air and make the audience believe we are super-man flying. :)
Ah, to me and to Google search, the anti-gravity lean is the impossible lean forward that Michael Jackson does while dancing to Smooth Criminal. In that case, it requires special shoes with a small wedge on the heel to hold the person. What a smart invention. Wonder who thought of it.

It's amazing for kids to see those actors on the air though.

When my wife doesn't have dinner at home, and it's just me and the kids, my cellphone blasts dinner time with punk or rock and we have concert-dinners. Not recommended for mums though! :D

When my wife doesn't have dinner at home, and it's just me and the kids, my cellphone blasts dinner time with punk or rock and we have concert-dinners. Not recommended for mums though! :D
Nothing cooler than having your kids enjoy your music. That way, you would have an excuse to go to rock concerts. ''The kids want to go, honey so I'll be a good father and take them for you.'' You'll have fun, the kids will have fun, and you'll get wife points for your ''sacrifice.'' LOL. It's going to be good times from that point on.

Pop music and reggae are my dancing triggers. I have some choreography tutorials specifically for these two music genres. I dance alone in the house and even at open air road shows around my home. When I hear these genres of music I get goose bumps, shivers run down my body and all I can do is dance. :)

Haha. Well, include me in the party. An exceptional female. I dance and sing while cooking too. So it's no suprise that my maid finds me a bit crazy!

Music just gets to me I guess. Infact, I listen to almost all kinds of music and in many languages. I guess the beats make the difference.

Nothing cooler than having your kids enjoy your music. That way, you would have an excuse to go to rock concerts. ''The kids want to go, honey so I'll be a good father and take them for you.'' You'll have fun, the kids will have fun, and you'll get wife points for your ''sacrifice.'' LOL. It's going to be good times from that point on.
Yeah, we are a big influence on them, and funny enough the 9 year old just received an mp4 for Christmas, and all my mp3 songs went straight there, so now he has to be the coolest kid in the school with all his musical diversity! :)

I am not the biggest dancer @Decentlady, it's not just any rhythm that makes my body move. :)